TEENS STAGES OF ADDICTION
A. Pre Stage - Teen Experiments how drugs/alcohol works for them. Learning Process
B. Early Stage - Teen uses drugs/alcohol to get pleasure/high.
It's all just fun
1. Few consequences from the beginning use of drugs/alcohol.
2. Ability to control use of drugs/alcohol in most cases.
3. Drug of use/alcohol increases: start using more.
C. Middle Stage - Teen starts using to get relief from pain.
Change in Dealing with Life and Others
1. drugs/alcohol becomes a problem/source of pain.
2. Loss control over amount used of drugs/alcohol; using more and more.
3. Extreme discomfort when not using
4. Depression, emotional numbness, mental preoccupation
D. Late Stage - Teen is now using to obliterate consciousness.
Physical and Mental Breakdown
1. Severe psychological/physical consequences.
2. Dissociation from self/reality, many blackouts.
3. Suicide, insanity, accidental death, physical sickness, prison.
Inspirations for Youth and Families aka Inspirations Teen Rehab, is a nationally recognized, licensed residential treatment center, for teens ages 14 to 18 and their families, who are struggling with the chaos of teen behaviors combined with drug or alcohol use, abuse, or addiction. At Inspirations Teen Rehab we understand your concern for your teenager and the changing behaviors causing heartbreak and fear for your teen’s safety and future.
LEARN MORE visit the Inspirations website