Thursday, February 19, 2009

Meet Laura C

Hi, my name is LauraC and I'm an alcoholic/addict. Yes, you can laugh, I am raising my hand and sitting in a circle as we speak. I can laugh now too. I write and record a new genre of music called RECOVERY MUSIC. The CD will be entitled "The Gift of Brokenness", and will have 12 Songs - each relating to one of the 12 Steps in Recovery. It's basically, my raw, painful, joyful & hopeful process of recovering from addiction - in musical form. I wrote about everything....from driving drunk in a blackout, ("Pray for Me"), to sitting in an AA meeting and hating everybody and craving a drink, to waking up for the first time sober that I felt a glimmer of hope. I was blessed to record with Producers, Randy Miller (4 time Grammy Winner), and Sandy Stewart (Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac). We tracked the CD in Houston, TX and are mastering in L.A. this Jan 30. I am expecting a release date on CD maby late February. You can see a clip of me on NBC's The TODAY SHOW w/Meredith Viera on my official website: http://www.lauracmusic.com/, just click on PRESS. I hope you like the tunes. Let's keep in touch. God is Good.

LauraC

No comments:

Post a Comment