Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February Blog of the Month

Reverend Johnny Dragon
http://reverendjohnnydragon.com/

I am the Reverend Johnny Dragon. What's a Reverend Johnny Dragon you may ask? Simple, I am a college educated, father, husband, recovered alcoholic/drug addict, who is fascinated by dragons and always wanted to be Johnny somebody.

The Reverend thing...well that was an unfortunate internet accident. Apparently by entering a limited amount of information and hitting submit you are instantly ordained by the Universal Life Church and Monastery. I can now perform marriages, baptisms, funerals, and absolve you of all your sins...for a nominal fee. It will also come in handy when I start my own cult, but I digress.

One thing is for sure, I am on a spiritual journey. I discovered something through my struggles with alcohol and drugs. I needed to connect with something bigger than myself. I came to the realization that if I am the biggest thing out their then we as a society are totally screwed. I never had a problem with believing in God. I was smart enough to understand that I could not hate something that did not exist. At my darkest moment, He and I made peace. I know that making deals with the Creator of the Universe is usually frowned upon, but that day that is what went down. The terms are simple, He allows me to look at myself squarely in the mirror each day, and in return all I have to do is absolutely everything He tells me to do...for the rest of my life. This is not as hard as it sounds, and the benefits package is awesome.

I am not sure what I hope to accomplish with this site, but I know it is suppose to exist. So if you got nothing better to do, then why don't we figure it out together. I welcome your questions and your feedback.

J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment