Monday, December 1, 2008

December Blog of the Month

[caption id="attachment_31" align="alignnone" width="320" caption="The Hopeless Variety"]The Hopeless Variety[/caption]

Parker L. Holland, Michigan, United States 51 year old recovering alcoholic artist. Since I had my moment of clarity a few 24 hours ago I cannot stop drawing and creating things out of found objects.  Outsider/visionary in the truest sense of the word.  I have also included some pictures of the kinds of things I enjoy collecting and seeing.
My artwork is helping illustrate a new documentary.  It's a feature length documentary, produced by Josh Hays, written by Sherri L. VandenAkker, titled "My Name is Bette: Portrait of an Alcoholic Woman."  The film examines women and alcoholism, including women's risk factors for becoming alcoholic and relapsing and how the disease manifests itself in women.  The film is currently in production; the premier is scheduled for November 23rd in Boston, Ma.  More details later.

Visit Alcoholic Outsider Artist to see more of his work~

No comments:

Post a Comment